Anthony Cylar is serving his first term on Attalla City Council representing District 4. While serving as councilman, he will be overseeing business/economic development for the city. Anthony looks forward to working with the mayor and elected city officials to help grow and develop businesses along with small industries to locate in the Attalla area.
He and his wife, Marva J. Cylar, have two lovely daughters, Tiffany and Tasha Cylar and two wonderful grandchildren, Makiah Craig and Anthony Jones.
Mr. Cylar is retired from the US Army Reserve (Command Sergeant Major) and Alabama Gas Corporation.
- Antioch/Goodsell United Methodist Church and other churches (Trustee board)
- City of Attalla Industrial and Zoning Board
- Etowah Gadsden Head Start Program
- YMCA of Coosa Valley (Chairman of Finance)
- Greater Etowah Community Development Foundation, Inc. (President)
- Indigenous Veterans Assistance Program
- Etowah High School
- Alabama Technical School
- Gadsden State Junior College
- Ashford University (Bachelor of Arts – Business Administration in the Forbes School of Business)