Bob Cross is serving his fifth term on the Attalla City Council, of which he has served since 2004 until present time. During this time Bob has served as Mayor Pro Tempore for twelve years, (2008 – 2020), co-chair finance committee, (2004 – present), and has served as fire dept Commissioner since 2004. He compiled City budget, (2008 – 2012) and also assisted in design of the new build of Fire Station #2, located in district 5.
Bob has been married, since 1976, to Debra Powell Cross of Attalla, and has two daughters, Amy (Sam) Duffey and Stacy (Bryant) Moore. He is the proud grandfather of three grandchildren, Livy Duffey, Harris and Julia Marie Moore. Bob is a devout member of First Baptist Church of Attalla where he has served as Deacon/Deacon chairman, served four terms on finance committee, twenty years as Sunday school director, eight years as training union director and also as usher/greeter.
Retired from Gadsden Fire Department after thirty-six years’ service, at the rank of Assistant Chief. He worked in EMS since 1976 for several EMS providers, including Guntersville Fire Department, Gadsden Fire Department, and Attalla Fire Department.
- Member International Association Fire Fighters Local 454
- Chairman Local 454 Political Action Committee
- Member Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA)
- Chairman of MDA Golf Tournament Toys from Santa Christmas Toy Drive for eighteen years
- Gadsden High School Class of 1973
- Attended Gadsden State Community College
- UAB graduate April 1976 with advanced EMS Certification
- First licensed Paramedic in Etowah County in 1976
- Certified Fire fighter I-II-III
- Fire Investigator and Training Certification by State of Alabama Fire College
- Certified Fire Officer level I and II State of Alabama